Heart that melts? Affirmative.
Turns out Chocolate Fondants( Chocolate Lava Cakes to some) are the toast of the season. Okayy...they may not exactly be 'tall' - but if they were truly 'all of the above' they'd be full of hot air..see?
Whatever ...eat your heart out this Valentine's (literally!) - since they are one heck of an artery clogging, weight-watch busting, 'make-you-go-weak-in-the-knees' dessert.
Yepper. Joy to eat AND joy to make.
Some notes on my trials with it-
- I used 150 ml ramekins, and in my oven, - 12 minutes at 200 degrees gave me the perfect fondants. Spongy outsides, and gooey goodness in the centre.
- The consistency of the batter in the end was much thicker than what Gordon describes it, but they still turned out perfect.
- The fondants with Gordan's recipe linked above are not sweet enough, (even for me - and I don't do too sweet!) - I found another recipe, again by Gordon, where the sugar measure has been increased, so I suggest using 120 gms of sugar for every 100 gms of flour.
- Do remember to let the ramekins stand for a minute before turning the fondants out.
- Since exact timing depends on the depth to which you fill your ramekins and the thickness of the china, it makes sense to have a spare 'tester' .